Love is in the air this year and there will be tons of things to do for Valentine’s Day. So, now is the time to make those reservations. Restaurants at Avenida Houston and downtown have sweetheart menu items that will melt hearts and save money. Valentine’s Day deals include:
- Brasserie du Parc - Enjoy a “Bonne Saint Valentine” three-course meal for $58 on Valentine’s Day, or you can go a la carte with the prix fixe offerings like filet mignon, or lobster bisque.
- Chapman & Kirby - For $55 per person, order the four-course dinner with items like espresso-braised beef short rib, créme brulee and more while listening to live music.
- The Grove - Celebrate Valentine's Day family-style with a three-course dinner that includes an arugula salad with toasted pecans, lobster tail with roasted garlic-herb butter, local grits, mole torte with valrhona chocolate and much more. $100 per couple.
- Hearsay on the Green - From Feb. 14 to 16, try the four-course prix fixe menu with cocktails specials for $55 a person.
- Kulture - Valentine's dinner menu for couples that includes beet red velvet cake and cream cheese mousse on the Love & Happiness menu. Leading up to V-day, stop by for Wine Down Wednesdays.
- Lucienne - Stop by Hotel Alessandra for a modern and romantic V-day dinner that includes strawberry gazpacho with jumbo lump crab meat, foie gras mousse with Sicilian pistachios and more. Prepared by Chef Jose Hernandez, the four-course menu is $85 a person with a $45 wine and cocktail pairing option.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse - From Feb. 9-to 16, fall in love with a Steak & Lobster Oscar, a succulent 8-ounce filet topped with a whole Maine lobster and bearnaise sauce. This dinner is $59.
- The Rustic - Stop by for a Singles Awareness Day Party, live entertainment from the Whiskey Daniels Band (7 to 10 pm) and icebreakers and speed dating games from online dating service Bumble’s on-site team. The first 50 guests to order the "Bourbon Is My Boyfriend" cocktail will receive a Jim Beam tank top.
- Xochi - Celebrate Valentine’s all week long at the Marriott Marquis Houston’s Xochi. Try dishes like rolled skirt steak and rack of lamb chops as part of the couple’s menu running Feb. 8 to 13 and 15 to 17 for $110. Then on Feb. 14, dinner is $79 per person and includes plates like braised duck picadillo, beef tenderloin and veal rack chops. Live music by Media Luna.