Black History Month Celebration at Avenida Houston
- Dates: February 18, 2023
- Location: Avenida Houston
- Address: 701 Avenida de las Americas, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77010
- Time: 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Price: Free
Visit Avenida Houston for this year's Black History Month Celebration! Highlights include an outdoor market featuring 50 locally black-owned businesses along with live musical entertainment hosted by KTSU 90.9FM. Visitors can enjoy free activities fit for the whole family including educational activities that celebrate Houston's diversity.
Parking is available in the Avenida North and Avenida South parking garages, located at each end of the George R. Brown Convention Center. The celebration takes place Saturday, February 11, 18, and 25 from 2:00 - 6:00 pm.
Entertainment Line-Up: This week's performances highlight Gospel, R&B and Soul artists. Mainstage hosted by Chilly Bill Smith with KTSU 90.9FM.
- NaKitta Clegg Foxx: This gospel artist gave a powerful rendition of "We Offer Praise" at George Floyd's funeral and has been a strong Houston voice for many years.
- Zacardi Cortez: Christian R&B artist Zacardi Cortez debuted his first album, The Introduction, in 2012 and is still wowing audiences today with his gospel music.
- Polo The Vibe: Polo the Vibe's sound brings a unique vibe to the Houston scene specializing in Trap Soul music.
- Patrice Dominique: Native Houstonian Patrice Dominique brings soulful sounds to the Mainstage.
The Vibe Lounge will feature DJ Madd Hatta.