What better place to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month than at Avenida Houston, downtown's hottest entertainment destination! The Plaza will come alive with visual art, music, dance and other festivities Saturday, September 17, 2022 from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. in honor of the contributions and achievements of Hispanic Americans.
This year a collection of experiences will include some of Houston's hottest Latino artists and it's all free to the public.
- DJ, Mexican Black Bird will kick off the day with Afro-Tejana sounds
- Mariachis with world-renowned lead singer, and Houston native, Vanessa Alonzo will perform
- Brazilian samba dancers from LD Dance Company will perform
- Argentinian tango dancers will showcase bandoneon player Pablo di Lauro with dancer Susana Collins
- The main event, Charlie Perez and his Latin Caravan band will perform popular musical styles from Latin America including, Cuban, Salsa and Brazilian samba.
This family-friendly day of fun will also feature a live mural painting, arts and crafts stations and more.
Additionally, Houston First Corp. is presenting Recuerdos de Juventud, Memories of My Youth by local artist, Guadalupe Hernandez. While you're enjoying the sights and sounds along Avenida Plaza, stop by the exhibit on display daily through November 6, 2022 in Partnership Tower, 701 Avenida de las Americas, Houston, TX 77010. (2nd Floor Garage Lobby of Partnership Tower)
Recuerdos de Juventud, Memories of My Youth examines Hernandez’s cultural identity by reinterpreting childhood memories and family stories connecting his past and offering greater meaning to his present. Using photos taken on family trips to Mexico and his hometown of San Miguel de Allende, Hernandez reinterprets his childhood memories and family stories, uniquely and beautifully celebrating his cultural identity with two countries.